Pay attention to this when working in the United States


The United States allows foreigners to work, but must have a work permit, especially with a student visa. Usually, students studying in the US generally hold two kinds of visas, one is J1 visa and the other is F1 visa. The former is a public student and the latter is a “self-funded” student. According to USCIS regulations, students of both visa types can work 20 hours a week. The former must be related to their academic work. The latter must be on campus.

Of course, the US Immigration Service says the 20-hour weekly rule is for the official semester. During the summer vacation, it is possible to work 40 hours a week, and the scope of work can be off campus. However, before going to work, students studying in the United States must go to the International Student Office of the school to go through the relevant work permit procedures, and then go to the Immigration Bureau to apply for a “work permit”, commonly known as the “work card”. However, in the past two years, many sensitive and non-sensitive professional students have been blocked from applying for h1b work visas and have been reviewed by the Immigration Bureau. So many people choose to entrust a professional h1b law firm and goh1b is the first choice. goh1b has been welcomed by the majority of international students with professional level and good attitude.

For international students who intend to study in the US after graduation and even obtain a work visa, they must apply to the Immigration Bureau for OPT (Optional Practical Training) before graduation to obtain an internship period of at least one year. If the student does not apply for an OPT before graduation or the application is approved, then there is only a 30-day legal residence period. Once more than 30 days, it will be considered illegal residence. If you illegally stay in the United States for more than three months, you will face the penalty of not entering the United States within three years. If the illegal residence time exceeds one year, the penalty of “not allowed to enter the United States” will be extended to 10 years.

Entering the United States has entered a different cultural circle. We adhere to local laws and rules in accordance with the principle of mutual respect and protection. Just as foreigners come to China to follow Chinese laws and regulations, they do not take the initiative to participate. Struggles and illegal activities, students concentrate on completing their studies and improving their abilities.

However, studying in the US is not so easy to apply. You can find a professional application plan for a professional study agent. Immigration lawyers (also known as 移民律师) will also give you good advice on the identity issues after work. However, there are a variety of study agents, you can refer to the online study agent evaluation (also known as 留学中介测评) on the Internet to make the best choice. After graduation, the identity problem will be the most troublesome thing for everyone. The h1b green card is generally chosen by everyone, but the application is also very difficult. You can entrust it to a professional law firm, such as goh1b, which you can often see. goh1b has a high level of professionalism and a very good service attitude. He has a good reputation in the industry and is the first choice for international students.

Comments are closed.