For anyone living in an established neighborhood, chances are there are a few trees that have been around for longer than your house. Maybe there’s maple in the front yard that’s starting to crowd the driveway or an oak in the backyard that’s grown a bit too close to the power lines. Whatever the case may be, you’ve decided it’s time to move the tree. But how do you make sure you’re getting the best deal on a tree moving services like Huge Tree Moving Company? Keep reading to find out.
- Get multiple quotes. This is always a good rule of thumb when hiring any type of contractor, but it’s especially important when it comes to tree moving services. The cost of moving a tree can vary widely depending on the company you hire, so it pays to get at least three different estimates before making a decision. Some factors that can affect the cost include the size and weight of the tree, how far the tree needs to be moved, and whether the company will need to use special equipment.
- Ask for referrals. If one of your acquaintances has recently had a tree moved, ask them who they used and whether they were happy with the results. Learning from previous customers’ experiences is one of the best ways to vet potential contractors.
- Check online reviews. Take some time to examine online testimonials for various tree moving businesses in your area, in addition to asking for recommendations from people you know. Once more, this will help you limit your selections and give you a solid idea of what prior customers have encountered.
- Check for licensing and insurance. Any reputable tree moving company should be licensed and insured. This protects you in case something goes wrong during the move, such as the tree falling on your house or one of the workers getting injured. Ask them about how they handle accidents and what kind of insurance they have before hiring them.
- Do not hesitate to negotiate – Just because you’ve been given an estimate doesn’t mean you can’t try to negotiate the price down. If you feel like the quote is too high, talk to the contractor about it and see if they’re willing to budge on the price. Remember, it never hurts to ask.
- Get everything in writing. Finally, make sure you get everything in writing before the job is done. This includes a detailed estimate of the cost, as well as the scope of work that will be performed. Having everything in writing will help ensure that there are no surprises once the job is complete.
When it is time to move a tree, it’s important that you take the time to find a credible contractor who can get the job done right. By getting multiple quotes, asking for referrals, and checking online reviews, you can be sure you’re making the best decision for your home—and your wallet.